An Introduction to Medical Terminology
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session is for those who would benefit from understanding the component parts of medical terminology.
An understanding of medical terminology is essential for anyone working in the medical industry. Delegates will reap the benefits of the course immediately and will be able to apply the learning to everyday situations in their place of work.
There is no formal assessment required for this course, learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the training to allow them to evidence
their understanding and a certificate of attendance will be issued to support this assessment, and both can be used within a portfolio of CPD.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Explain the concept that medical terminology can be broken down into component parts of prefixes, root words and suffixes;
- State the meanings of commonly used prefixes, suffixes and root words in medical terms;
- Decipher terminology associated with various diseases;
- Recognise commonly used abbreviations and medical symbols;
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of the body structure and systems;
- Explain the six categories in which the body is studied.
Looking to book An Introduction to Medical Terminology training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.