Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The aim of this course is to equip staff with the knowledge to deliver safe and supportive care to service users who receive anticoagulation therapy. The information given within this half day training session, will equip learners with the essential knowledge of the anticoagulant therapies that are available at present, as well as looking at the importance of appropriate management and monitoring of service users who receive this therapy.
There are no summative assessments as part of this course, although knowledge will be checked throughout the course delivery and at the end in the form of a knowledge assessment
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- State the indication for anticoagulation therapy
- Describe the mode of action of oral and parental anticoagulants that are currently available
- Advise on the importance of regular INR monitoring
- Identify and resolve common medicines management issues in anticoagulant patients
- Follow best practice guidance to improve safe use of anticoagulants
- Promote safe use of anticoagulants
- Provide appropriate information to patients and their carers to help them to manage their therapy if able
Looking to book Anti-coagulation Therapy training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.