Basic Life Support Train the Trainer
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This comprehensive two-day course covers everything the student needs to know to be able to train staff if they are confronted with an unresponsive non-breathing casualty that requires Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation. It follows the procedures laid down in the current Resuscitation Council UK Guidelines 2015 and builds on the algorithm for CPR.
The course format provides ample opportunities for students to practice both their teaching skills and the skills required for Basic Life Support and AED, so that after the course they are more confident they could teach this subject.
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor and will conduct a supervised training session. This will lead to competence in BSL and AED and a Competency certificate in Training Delivery Skills. A certificate of attendance will be awarded
The certificates will be valid for three years, but it is advised that a refresher is undertaken annually.
Number of Delegates: 8
Duration: 2 Days
CPD Hours: 14
Participatory Hours: 10
- Demonstrate a primary survey and assessing a collapsed victim
- Undertake and exhibit correct techniques for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Perform a self-check of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and operate it in a simulated scenario alongside CPR
- Practice the recovery position for an unconscious and breathing casualty either from initial assessment or from recovery after defibrillation
- Lead a full scenario from assessment to defibrillation to exhibit knowledge and understanding
- Recognise good and bad training habits of the tutor
- Arrange the training room to the best format to accommodate the training
- Adjust presentation methods to meet the needs of the participants.
- Communicate on all levels with participants.
- Understand the importance of feedback and the usefulness of evaluation forms.
Looking to book Basic Life Support Train the Trainer training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.