Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The aim of this course is to provide the learner with an overview of using bed rails and the knowledge and understanding to be able to work to best practice. Bed rails can be very effective when used correctly. However, data shows that accidents still happen and that they don?€™t prevent falls and can introduce other risks. Following some serious case reviews, and the publicity received around the use of bed rails, this course equips staff teams with the essential knowledge of the potential risks and how to use bed rails safely.
There is no formal summative assessment, as part of this course. Learners knowledge and understanding will be checked throughout the course delivery and a knowledge assessment will be undertaken at the end to evidence the understanding of the individual.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand knowledge and best practice in the safe use of bed rails
- Explain why bed rails should always be a last resort
- Understand the potential risks associated with bed rails
- Ascertain how to reduce risks and appropriate bed rail set up
- Follow safety guidelines as published by the Health and Safety Executive and in line with company policies and procedures
Looking to book Bed Rails training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.