Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to Cannulation and knowing when use is required within practice. Using models, this session will cover all practical elements for cannulation. By the end of the session, all delegates will be able to work in line with Practice Guidance for Cannulation, demonstrate the principles of aseptic non touch technique related to Catheterisation and take in a proactive approach to cannula management.
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To identify what cannulation is
- Develop and apply the knowledge needed in relation to legislations, policies and best practice of cannulation including gaining consent
- Review and correctly identify the anatomy and physiology involved in cannulation
- Identify the equipment needed for cannulation to take place, and the procedure for cannulation
- Identify the importance of good infection control procedures to minimise the risk of hospital acquired infections
- Identify potential complications from cannulation and measures to prevent or minimise these
- Discuss and ensure understanding of cannula care and removal
Looking to book Cannulation training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.