Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is designed for Delegates who have little or no knowledge on how to care for a patient that has an indwelling catheter. It will give them the basic and core knowledge required to help and support an individual who requires assistance with their urinary catheter, as well as looking as some of the key points around infection control, troubleshooting and effective record keeping and documentation.
This half day course will contain group activities, tutor led discussions and completion of knowledge tests and will be summative assessed by on-going assessment methods.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To identify what a Urinary Catheter is, and the different types available
- List the reasons why a Urinary Catheter may be required
- Describe the Anatomy and Physiology associated with the Urinary Tract
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Urinary Catheterisation
- List the various applications that are available for Urinary Catheters
- State the appropriate infection control measures required when delivering good catheter care
- Analyse problems that may be faced by a person who has a urinary catheter and how they may be rectified by yourself or a member of the Health and Social Care Team
- Appropriate documentation and record keeping for catheter care
Looking to book Catheter Care training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.