Catheterisation (Female Only)
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will equip learners with the key information and understanding of the skills involved in performing urinary catheterisation on female patients It will give an insight into the laws, legislations and relevant best practice guidance relating to this subject, Learners will review their knowledge of anatomy and physiology and have the opportunity to practice the skill with a simulated model. Competency assessments will be required back in the workplace by an experienced and competent practitioner.
There is no formal assessment on this course, as learners will have to undertake competency assessments when back in the workplace. A certificate of attendance will be issued.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To identify what Urinary Catheterisation is and the criteria for catheterisation
- Develop and apply the knowledge needed in relation to legislations, policies and best practice of Urinary Catheterisation including gaining consent
- Review and correctly identify the Anatomy and Physiology involved in catheterisation of a Female Patient
- Discuss and Understand the different methods of catheterisation and the selection of appropriate catheter for the clinical need
- Identify the equipment needed for urinary catheterisation to take place, and the procedure for female catheterisation
- Identify the importance of good infection control procedures to minimise the risk of urinary tract infections and other complications
- Identify potential complications from catheterisation and measures to prevent or minimise these
- Discuss and ensure understanding of routine catheter care for both service users and staff
Looking to book Catheterisation (Female Only) training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.