Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is aimed at non-clinical staff who will have the role of chaperone when healthcare staff are undertaking intimate examinations on patients. It will allow the leaners the opportunity to full explore the role and remit of the chaperone, and how this should be available within a practice setting as required by the patients. It has been written taking into account the guidance and recommendations of the relevant regulatory and professional bodies.
Learners will engage in a number of teaching and learning activities throughout the session. There is no formal assessment as part of this course, although there will be a short knowledge assessment for them to complete before they undertake the role of chaperone within their practice area.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define the term Chaperone
- Describe the role of a Chaperone and how you will fit into this when asked
- Recognise the need for a chaperone in a practice setting
- Discuss what is meant by an intimate examination
- Explain the rights of the patient
- State how you will communicate this service to patients if required
- Recognise the safeguarding issues around being a Chaperone
- Recognise the dignity, respect and privacy of the patient
Looking to book Chaperone Training training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.