Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session provides information and opportunities to practice principles of effective communication in a health or social care setting. It can form part of the Care Certificate if needed or as a stand alone module where it has been identified as a learning need or staff members need some additional support in communicating with service users and colleagues
There is no formal assessment included in this course, however, learners will be expected to participate in interactive activities, including group discussions, role play activities, and tutor led dialogues. Leaners will obtain a certificate of attendance after completion of their course.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Identify the main reasons why you communicate in your job, and how the way you do it affects individuals and colleagues
- Explain the use of appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication in a health or social care setting
- Identify when an individual requires assistance with communication aids/technologies and when to take action
- Give examples of adjusting to an individual’s communication needs and preferences
- Identify barriers to effective communication in health and social care settings and how to overcome them
- Practice communication methods that reduce barriers and meet the communication needs and preferences of individuals
- Describe what confidentiality means in relation to your role in a health or social care setting
Looking to book Communication training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.