Conflict Resolution (De-escalation)
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will explore the law regarding physical intervention, the concept of reasonable force and duty of care. The course teaches staff how to recognise when anger is rising and what happens in the angry person’s body. It will then examine intervention techniques, recognising triggers and how staff can best deal with the situation in hand. Finally, it will look at post event support. The course follows guidance from The Institute of Conflict Management and The SIA (Security Industry Authority.)
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor and will also complete a Knowledge Assessment. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance following the course, valid for 1 year.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Discuss acceptable and unacceptable behaviour
- Discuss why Behaviour that is unacceptable happens
- Recognise why staff approaches to unacceptable behaviour happen, and why they are important
- Describe Communication approaches to managing behaviour
- Discuss the law pertaining to unacceptable behaviour
- Reflect on an incident of unacceptable behaviour
- Understand what should happen post-event and the organisations responsibilities
Looking to book Conflict Resolution (De-escalation) training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.