Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will give the learners an overview of the diseases that are included within the diagnosis of COPD, including Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis. It will equip the delegates with the causes and effects that are seen with people who have COPD as well as discussing the possible treatments that are available to reduce the impact on a person’s life.
There is no formal assessment required for this course, learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the training to allow them to evidence their understanding and a certificate of attendance will be issued to support this assessment and both can be used within a portfolio of CPD.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- List the lung diseases that fall under the heading Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Recall the anatomy and physiology of the lungs and respiratory system
- Describe who COPD affects
- State the potential causes of COPD, including smoking, fumes and air pollution
- Explain the lifestyle changes that individuals can make to prevent COPD
- Name the symptoms and diagnosis of COPD
- Describe what it is like for people who are living with COPD
- Summarise the treatment methods that can be used to reduce the impact of COPD
Looking to book COPD Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.