Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Awareness course is aimed at those learners who work in an environment where coming into contact with hazardous substances is likely. It gives learners the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them and protect themselves and others. The course will include the use of chemicals and body fluids in the workplace and how to deal with spillages. The course includes an element on First Aid.
There is no formal assessment required for this course, although the tutor will assess the learners informally through continual assessment and interactions with the learners. A certificate of attendance will be issued after completion of the course.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Name the key legislations associated with this subject
- Define what is meant by the term hazardous substances
- List the different types of hazardous substances
- Describe the potential health effects of poorly controlled hazardous substances
- Discuss the risk assessment process and safety procedure
- Identify the updated images/logos for the hazardous substances with the updated European CLP Regulations
Looking to book COSHH Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.