Diabetes Awareness Train the Trainer
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The first half of this full day course will equip staff with the essential knowledge and skills required for caring and supporting individuals who have diabetes It will allow learners to explore their current understanding and expand on this with understanding how it can affect different people and how to manage diabetic emergencies.
The second half will examine the skill of training to enable participants to be able to teach this subject.
As this is a theoretical course there is no practical assessment of learning, however, a knowledge assessment will be carried out. The tutor will be actively monitoring and reviewing the learner’s contributions and understanding and the
learners will demonstrate this through the completed knowledge assessment during the course of the day.
Participants will conduct a supervised training session.
Number of Delegates: 10
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- List the types of Diabetes
- Identify the treatment of Diabetes
- Recognise the Warning Signs and Symptoms of Hypoglycaemia and
- State the treatment and management for Hypoglycaemic and
- Describe the preventative measures available to minimise Hypo &
- Discuss the potential associated complications from Diabetes
- Explore how people with diabetes can live full and active lives
- Recognise good and bad training habits of the tutor
- Arrange the training room to the best format to accommodate the training
- Adjust presentation methods to meet the needs of the participants.
- Communicate on all levels with participants.
- Understand the importance of feedback and the usefulness of evaluation
Looking to book Diabetes Awareness Train the Trainer training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.