Diabetes & Insulin Administration
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical and practical aspects relating to the administration of Insulin within practice. Using models, this session will cover all practical elements for Insulin administration and an update regarding products. By the end of the session, all delegates will be able to work in line with Practice Guidance for Insulin administration, demonstrate their knowledge gained during the course and demonstrate and understanding of Diabetes Mellitus
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Describe Diabetes Mellitus
- Recognise the different types of Treatments that are available for Diabetes Mellitus
- Understand the importance of Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Know the history of Insulin Identify the different types of Insulin that are available
- Recognize the equipment required for the administration of Insulin
- Understand procedure for administration of Insulin
- Recognize the Side Effects and contra-indications of Insulin
- Understand the competencies required to administer Insulin
- Undertake a knowledge assessment on Diabetes and Insulin Administration
Looking to book Diabetes & Insulin Administration training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.