Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This awareness course will equip staff members with the essential knowledge and understanding to care for and support individuals who have or identify to have a disability. It will give delegates the opportunity to explore what is meant by a disability, how it can present itself and how it can have similarities to those who do not, list ways that we can promote best practice when caring for and supporting individuals who have a disability. This session will also give the opportunity for people to experience what it feels like to have certain disabilities.
ere are no formal assessment criteria for this awareness session, however the trainer will utilise a full range of teaching and assessment strategies throughout the session to ensure the learners are able to demonstrate an understanding of the course materials and application.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand and define what is meant by disability
- List the varying types of disability
- Identify the similarities we all have as able bodied and disabled people
- Demonstrate an understanding of valuing diversity
- Define the best practice examples of assisting people with disabilities
- Explore some of the features of disabilities through simulation
Looking to book Disability Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.