Ear Irrigation for Registered Practitioners
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The following course is aimed at those new to ear irrigation, allowing them to develop the theoretical requirements and practical skills of ear irrigation. This course is developed and based on the guidance and protocols set by the Rotherham Ear Care Centre.
The attendees of this course will undertake a variety of assessment methods both whilst on the course and when in practice. There is a formal written exam on the second day of the course with a pass mark of 60%. There is continued assessment through the submission of a case study on completion of the programme and after a period of supervised practice.
Number of Delegates: 8
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Describe the decontamination process of equipment
- State the considerations required around consent and informed consent
- Apply the principles of record keeping to documentation required for Ear Irrigation
- Recognise perforations of the ear drum and what action to take in this situation
- Identify correct cerumen management, and what course of action to take
- Define Cholesteatoma and its significance to clinical practice
- Explain the importance of recognising tinnitus and how it can affect irrigation practice
- Discuss how hearing aids can affect irrigation practices and specific guidance for wearers
- Demonstrate the correct procedure for ear irrigation and any complication that could potentially occur
- Recognise the correct equipment for ear irrigation
- Visualise what is required in Otoscopy through video and practice
Looking to book Ear Irrigation for Registered Practitioners training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.