End of Life Care
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is aimed at anybody involved in delivering End of Life Care to service users within a care setting. The course will enhance existing skills and to discover new approaches that will further enrich this field of caring, making it a more positive experience. This will explore how end of life care is affected by a range of potential complications and barriers. Delegates will be encouraged to explore their own fears and anxieties, recognise the importance their input will bring and feel confident with their delivery of care.
The day is interactive throughout, allowing the Delegate to get as much as they can for themselves from the day. A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on competition.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Summarise the End of Life Care Strategy and its main principles
- Interpret the statistics around End of Life Care and death and dying
- Describe the importance or talking about dying
- Identify the reasons behind the Liverpool Care Pathway and recent changes
- Contrast the difference between Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- List some of the care principles and practices around End of Life Care
- Explain the symptom management processes and how to meet the care needs of an individual
- Differentiate between the religious and cultural needs and beliefs for people at the end of life
- List the potential barriers to communication to patients and families at the end of life
- Define what care is required after someone has died
- Describe the models of bereavement and how people can react to death and dying
Looking to book End of Life Care training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.