Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
Epilepsy awareness training is essential for anyone working in the care sector, but is especially suited to staff who are new to working with those suffering from epilepsy. The course teaches delegates about the causes and effects of epilepsy, as well as ensuring that they know correct ways to care safely for someone who is having an epileptic seizure; this will cover the various types of seizure and how their effects may differ. It will explore emergency help and risk assessing and managing of a person within their care. This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field.
The day will run with both Formative and Summative assessments taking place throughout the day. Certificates of Attendance will be issued. Learning will be fun and interactive and delegates will be expected to participate in their learning experience.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- An Introduction to epilepsy, what it is and how it presents
- Causes of epilepsy
- Signs and symptoms of seizures
- The various types of seizures
- Safely caring for someone having a seizure, looking at Emergency intervention if required
- Risk assessing and Risk Managing the care of an Epileptic sufferer
- Promoting Dignity and Care throughout
- Further resources for support and advice
Looking to book Epilepsy Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.