Equality and Diversity
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is ideally placed for staff from any sector, although it will pay special attention to those working in the health and social care settings. It will provide learners with an understanding of how the values, opinions and prejudices of an individual can influence those around them, and how this can lead to discrimination. Delegates will gain an awareness of the value of equality and diversity, and will be encouraged to promote this within their work and lives.
There is no formal assessment for this course, however there will be an expectation that the learners will take part in group activities, individual activities and participate fully in their learning. A certificate of attendance will be issued.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define what is meant by the term equality
- Define what is meant by the term diversity
- List why equality and diversity is important
- Recall the possible needs of individuals and how this can affect values and opinions
- Analyse own thoughts on equality and diversity – individual activity
- State how respect and equal opportunities are vital for practice within health and social care
- Discuss the laws and legislations that are associated with equality and diversity
- List the possible factors that can affect equality and diversity
Looking to book Equality and Diversity training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.