Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This one day course will give learners the core information and knowledge on administering the Influenza vaccines. It will cover the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training, as laid out by Skills for Health.
Learners will develop their theoretical knowledge as well as their practical competency in simulation whilst attending this course, being able to demonstrate their ability to successfully administer immunisations in their workplace.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, as well as have the ability to practice in
simulation the administration of a vaccine. Competency will
be assessed in simulation initially but there will be the
expectations that the delegates will receive further
supervision and competency assessment in the workplace
by a suitable assessor. A competency document will be
issued to the learner so they are able to provide evidence of practice along with theoretical knowledge.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Describe the aims of Flu immunisation.
- Explain the immune system and how vaccines work
- Recall diseases that can be prevented with vaccines
- List the Flu vaccines and how they are composed
- Evaluate the legal aspects of immunisations including gaining informed consent or acting in best interests
- Summarise the correct storage and handling of vaccines
- Demonstrate the correct administration of vaccines
- Apply the current anaphylaxis guidelines and address other potential adverse events
- Consider what good documentations looks like in relation to vaccinations, including reporting and record keeping
- Relate current strategies for improving immunisation rates to practice and how the role of the immuniser is key within this aspect of practice
Looking to book Flu Vaccinations training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.