Foot and Nail Care
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course covers the Health Care Professional’s role in contributing to the care and maintenance of the feet of individuals assessed by a podiatrist as unable to maintain their own foot care. It includes undertaking those foot care activities which individuals would normally be able to do for themselves such as nail cutting and the application of dressings and medicaments. The course will enable you to follow a prescribed care plan and will ensure that a record of the care given is made. You will also to be able to recognise when to refer the individual back to the podiatrist.
Learners will be reviewed on a continual basis of their understanding of the subject matter as they progress through the course and on their engagement with the learning materials and activities. There will be a knowledge assessment held at the end of the course.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Outline the structure of the feet and common disorders
- List the factors that cause problems in the feet
- Describe methods for treating and preventing the development of foot problems
- Identify a ‘high risk’ foot and initiate appropriate interim management
- Demonstrate skill in low risk foot care
- Be prepared to cut toenails as approved by podiatrists
Looking to book Foot and Nail Care training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.