Gastrointestinal Disorders Awareness
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This half day awareness session will allow learners to develop key knowledge and understanding around the subject of Gastrointestinal Disorders, and how as a health and social care professional they can care and support the individual who is experiencing these conditions. It will allow learners to also discuss the effectiveness of self-care techniques that are available as well as other care options.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, allowing them to evidence their learning and understanding of the subject matter. This will allow them to demonstrate the ability to recognise certain presentations of conditions, signs and symptoms and treatment options available.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract
- Describe normal functions of the gastrointestinal tract
- List some key gastrointestinal disorders and their presentations, including; Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Chron’s Disease and Diverticular Disease
- Recall the common diagnostic tests for gastrointestinal disorders
- Discuss potential risk factors for developing any of the common gastrointestinal disorders
- Summarise self-care approaches that can be undertaken by individuals who suffer from these conditions
- Explain the potential treatment options for each of these gastrointestinal disorders
Looking to book Gastrointestinal Disorders Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.