Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This evidence-based two-day comprehensive workshop aims to develop clinical knowledge and examination skills of Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working in primary and secondary care. The course covers all the commonly presenting gynaecological conditions
As this is a theoretical course there is no practical assessment of learning, however, a knowledge assessment will be carried out. The tutor will be actively monitoring and reviewing the learner’s contributions and understanding and the learners will demonstrate this through the completed knowledge assessment.
A practical session is included but participants will be expected to gain their competences in the workplace.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: 2 Days
CPD Hours: 14
Participatory Hours: 10
- Identify relevant anatomy and physiology of the female genital tract.
- Recognise current knowledge around common presenting conditions and current contraceptive methods
- Recognise current knowledge around sexual exploitation, i.e. grooming
- Understand how to counsel women on current available methods of contraception
- Provide education/guidance to patients on contraceptive methods that is a proper fit for the patient
- Review the importance of emergency contraception.
- Understand and complete a gynaecological/obstetric history
- Demonstrate how to prepare examination room
- Demonstrate how to obtain vaginal swabs
- Demonstrate how to correctly use a speculum
Looking to book Gynaecological Assessment training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.