Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This one day course will give learners the core information and knowledge on administering vaccines and immunisations in line with the national immunisation programme for the UK. It will cover the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training, as laid out by Skills for Health. Learners will develop their theoretical knowledge as well as their practical competency in simulation whilst attending this course, being able to demonstrate their ability to successfully run a vaccine clinic or administer immunisations in their workplace. The day will be split in two, the first part of the day will be aimed at all HCP’s with the seconded part aimed at experienced Registered Professionals who provide the full range of childhood and adult immunisations covered in the routine UK schedules.
HCA’s attending the first half of this course will obtain 3 CPD Hours and 2.5 Participatory Hours.
All Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, as well as have the ability to practice in simulation the administration of a vaccine. Competency will be assessed in simulation initially but there will be
the expectations that the delegates will receive further supervision and competency assessment in the workplace by a suitable assessor if required . A competency document will be issued to the learner so they are able to provide evidence of practice along with theoretical knowledge.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Describe the aims of immunisations and the immune system, including how vaccines work
- Recall diseases that can be prevented with vaccines
- Discuss national immunisation policy and schedules of routine vaccines in the UK
- Discuss different vaccines such as Influenza, shingles, Pneumococcal and Immunoglobulins
- Summaries the correct storage and handling of vaccines including maintaining the cold chain
- Demonstrate the correct administration of vaccines, including the pre- vaccination patient assessment, contraindications and cautions.
- Apply the current anaphylaxis guidelines and address other potential adverse events
- Evaluate the legal aspects of administration of immunisations, including prescribing PSD/PDG
- Consider what good documentations looks like in relation to vaccinations, including reporting errors and record keeping incorporating case studies
- Discussion around managing, unknow incomplete or overseas schedules, incorporating current issues and relevant controversies
Looking to book Immunisations (Bespoke) training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.