Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will refresh learners core information and knowledge on administering vaccines and immunisations. It will cover the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training, as laid out by Skills for Health. Learners will develop their theoretical knowledge as well as their practical competency in simulation whilst attending this course, being able to demonstrate their ability to successful run a vaccine clinic or administer immunisations in their workplace.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, as well as could practice in simulation the administration of a vaccine.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Describe the aims of immunisations
- Discuss national policy and schedules of vaccines
- Explain the immune system and how vaccines work
- Recall diseases that can be prevented with vaccines
- List the different vaccines and how they are composed
- Recognise current issues surrounding immunisations including controversies that are applicable to practice
- Evaluate the legal aspects of immunisations including gaining informed consent or acting in best interests
- Summarise the correct storage and handling of vaccines
- Demonstrate the correct administration of vaccines
- Consider what good documentations looks like in relation to vaccinations, including reporting and record keeping
- Relate current strategies for improving immunisation rates to practice and how the role of the immuniser is key within this aspect of practice
Looking to book Immunisations Refresher training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.