Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This two day course will give learners the core information and knowledge on administering vaccines and immunisations. It will cover the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training, as laid out by Skills for Health. Learners will develop their theoretical knowledge as well as their practical competency in simulation whilst attending this course, being able to demonstrate their ability to successful run a vaccine clinic or administer immunisations in their workplace.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, as well as have the ability to practice in simulation the administration of a vaccine. Competency will be assessed in simulation initially but there will be the expectations that the delegates will receive further supervision and competency assessment in the workplace by a suitable assessor. A competency document will be issued to the learner so they are able to provide evidence of practice along with theoretical knowledge.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: 2 Days
CPD Hours: 14
Participatory Hours: 10
- Describe the aims of immunisations
- Discuss national policy and schedules of vaccines
- Explain the immune system and how vaccines work
- Recall diseases that can be prevented with vaccines
- List the different vaccines and how they are composed
- Recognise current issues surrounding immunisations including controversies that are applicable to practice
- Evaluate the legal aspects of immunisations including gaining informed consent or acting in best interests
- Summarise the correct storage and handling of vaccines
- Demonstrate the correct administration of vaccines
- Apply the current anaphylaxis guidelines and address other potential adverse events
- Consider what good documentations looks like in relation to vaccinations, including reporting and record keeping
- Relate current strategies for improving immunisation rates to practice and how the role of the immuniser is key within this aspect of practice
Looking to book Immunisations training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.