Learning Disabilities Awareness
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This learning disability training course aims to builds learners awareness and understanding of learning disabilities. The course will assist learners in understanding what it means to have a learning disability and help guide them on ways of supporting service users with learning disabilities.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment following the completion of the course, allowing them to demonstrate an understanding of learning disabilities and how to provide care and support for individuals.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- What do you know about learning disabilities?
- Overview of different learning disabilities
- What effects a learning disability has on the service user and their families
- How to support those with learning disabilities
- The need for clear communication and ensuring it is person centred
- Managing the behaviour of people with learning disabilities
- Positive taking and empowering those with learning disabilities
Looking to book Learning Disabilities Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.