Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This half day session is designed to give staff members the knowledge and understanding required around Legionnaire’s disease, the law and the requirements for best practice. It will allow the learners to develop a knowledge of the disease process. The course also looks at what potential risks there are within the setting and the control measures that are in place.
This course is assessed through continual assessment during the session as well as a formal knowledge assessment at the end, which will allow the learners to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the learning materials and around Legionnaire’s disease. A certificate of attendance will go alongside the knowledge assessment.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define what Legionella is
- Describe what Legionnaire’s disease and Legionellosis are
- Interpret the AcoP L8 document on Legionella and the requirements from the Health and Safety Executive
- List the potential risks in your water systems
- Summarise the control measures already in place for your water systems
- Apply the principles of the ACoP and evaluate if there are any additional control measures to be put in place
- Discuss the requirements of managers and employers in relation to Legionella awareness
- Use the organisational documentation to record all checks that are undertaken in relation to the law and legislation
Looking to book Legionella Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.