Manual Handling of Objects
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This half day course provides an effective means of ensuring that employees are aware of their responsibilities and have understood the principles for moving and handling loads safely and is suitable as an induction or refresher course. This course will only cover the principles associated with objects or inanimate loads and not with moving of people.
Students will have opportunities to complete practical and revision exercises. The course content and revision will be tailored to the work activity, when possible. The trainer will continually monitor the student’s progress throughout the course and assess their competency. Students able to achieve all the outcomes will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance valid for a year.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Discuss the legislation surrounding moving and handling
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of moving and handling
- Outline the main causes of back pain
- Define the risk assessment process and how it applies to practice
- Describe the principles of communicating and handling objects
- List the types of handling aids and testing requirements
- Apply all of the theoretical knowledge to practice settings
Looking to book Manual Handling of Objects training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.