MCA & DoLS
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) were introduced with the aim of reinforcing the protection of vulnerable adults in care settings. The MCA all care and support that is delivered to people who may not be able to decide or act for themselves and is relevant to everybody who works in the health or social care. Delegates will come away from this course with a working knowledge of the MCA and its relationship with DOLS, thus understanding how they can ensure that their every-day activities comply with both pieces of legislation.
Delegates will be expected to take part in group discussions and activities throughout the course, they will also undertake a knowledge assessment at the end of their course to allow them to demonstrate their understanding of the subject matter, and use this as evidence towards their continuing professional development.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- List the 5 Principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Explain how to assess capacity and who can assess and make decisions
- Describe the process of making best interest decisions
- State the role of Independent Mental Capacity Advocates
- Discuss Lasting Power of Attorney and how these apply to the MCA and DoLs
- Relate the MCA and DoLs to advance decisions
- Recall the roles of the Court of Protection and The Public Guardian
- Recognise where to gain further information if required
Looking to book MCA & DoLS training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.