Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
Meaningful occupation and activities are a key part of care delivery and holistic care. This session will enable the learners of staff have the knowledge and the skills to create and encourage meaningful activities for individuals or in groups depending on the service requirements and resident’s preferences.
There is no formal assessment for this course, but there is an expectation that learners will engage in all of the group activities, discussions and action planning sessions to develop their knowledge, share ideas and apply their learning to practice.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define meaningful occupation and meaningful activity
- Understand and recognise the types of activity, and give examples
- Understand how a balance of the four different types of activity, promote health and well-being
- Understand the importance of gathering key pieces of information about clients and sharing these to better influence activity and occupation
- Recognise the most common symptoms of dementia and how these effect clients ability to access and engage in activity
- Apply creativity in finding solutions for clients activity needs without the reliance of cost heavy resources
Looking to book Meaningful Occupation training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.