Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course has been developed to give learners an overview of the use of medical gases. The course will provide an overview of commonly used gases in the health and social care sectors. The course will identify why medical gases are used and in that what circumstances they are utilised. It will then progress to the identification of gas cylinders and how to safely store and handle cylinders and other health and Safety requirements. Thus, enabling participants to competently and confidently use and apply their knowledge to the care arena. Competency of Practice will be outlined and explained.
The learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course to demonstrate their learning and understanding. This can then be included in their portfolio of evidence to support their evidence of continuing professional development. Following the course, participants will have to undergo a competency assessment in their workplace.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Identify medical gases, associated hazards and the necessary precautions
- Understand and identify different types of medical gases and their uses
- Correctly and safely use medical gas cylinders
- Use flow meters and understand describe the nurses role in the use of the piped medical gas system
- Define what to do in an emergency situation and the correct response to alarms
Looking to book Medical Gases training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.