Medication Awareness in an Educational Environment
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This training sessions covers the core information required around medications and how they should be treated, prescribed, dispensed and administered. It will cover the essential information required for staff to undertake their role in the safe handling of medication. Other key information such as the law and terminology is included to ensure that staff have a fully rounded awareness of medication. This course is aimed at schools, colleges and other educational establishments. Further information from this is built upon in our medication management course which is a full day training session.
There is a written knowledge assessment criteria for this course, and the tutor will gauge people’s knowledge and understanding through group work, question and answer sessions and other teaching and assessment strategies as needed.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define the terms drug and medicine
- State what the roles and responsibilities of a person administering medicines are
- Describe the classification and classes of medications including Key Legislation
- List the routes of administration and types of medication
- Recall the directions of administration and abbreviations that are associated with these
- State the Levels of Support identified for Service Users
- Identify the 5 rights of administration and the rights of the individual
- Consider the implications relating to the receiving, storage and disposal of medications
Looking to book Medication Awareness in an Educational Environment training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.