Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course has been designed to enable delegates to develop the essential knowledge and skills for managing medications within a health and social care setting. It is suitable for nurses and carers who are responsible and accountable for dispensing, administering and managing medicines within practice. It will cover key information on laws, legislations, classifications of medicines. It will give staff the opportunity to refresh knowledge on the routes of administration as well as discussing what actions to take when things go wrong.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, allowing them to demonstrate their understanding of the subject material, it will also equip learners to undertake a competency assessment whilst in their practice setting.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- List the key legislation and regulations relating to medications management
- Define the classification and categories of medications
- Describe the routes of administration
- Discuss the safe practices around the supply, storage, administration and destroying of medications
- State the correct procedures for safe administration of medicines
- Identify how to monitor for side effects and reactions
- Demonstrate correct practices of medications administration
Looking to book Medication Management training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.