Mental Health First Aid Aware
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
Adult MHFA Half Day course qualifies you as Mental Health Aware
This half day course is an introductory four-hour session to raise awareness of mental health. Developed by MHFA England the course gives learners a basic knowledge of common mental health issues, in addition it teaches them how to look after their own mental health and wellbeing. Learners will gain an understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course to demonstrate their application of learning and understanding. This can then be included in the learner’s portfolio of evidence to support their continuing professional development.
Number of Delegates: 20
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
Looking to book Mental Health First Aid Aware training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.