Mental Health in the Workplace
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course has been developed to give learners an introduction to mental health and raise
their awareness of how important it is in the workplace. The course will provide an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects that it can have on a person. The course will progress on to look at how support can be offered to individuals who are experiencing some of these symptoms and demonstrate positive adjustments to enable people who are living with mental health problems to fulfil aspects of their daily lives
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course to demonstrate their
application of learning and understanding. This can then be included in the learner’s portfolio of evidence to support their continuing professional development.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘mental health’
- Be aware of the key laws, legislations and regulations that are related to mental health both for employers and for service users
- Understand some of the most common mental health problems
- Understand ways in which people can manage, and carers can support individuals to make everyday living easier
- Be aware of how to support a colleague with a mental health problem in a workplace setting
- Understand how to promote a positive, healthy, non-discriminatory environment for people to work and live in
- Understand adjustments that can be made to help with an individual who is experiencing mental health problems
Looking to book Mental Health in the Workplace training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.