Nutrition & Hydration incl. MUST Scoring
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is suited to those who are involved in the planning and provision of meals for individuals who use care services. It provides an sound insight into the basics of good nutrition as well as providing practical guidance for how to put these into practice within a care setting. It will give all attendees the essential knowledge and understanding of how important good nutrition and hydration is when caring for an individual holistically, whilst addressing some of the challenges that could be faced.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, allowing them to demonstrate their understanding of the subject material and be able to evidence their application to practical situations.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Understand the role and function of the Food Standards Agency and CQC
- Define the Eat Well Guide and how it applies to practice
- List how different food categories affects us as an individual
- Discuss the principles of MUST Identifying the benefits of using fortified diets and pureed diets
- Describe the effects of common conditions in older people on diet and how to improve bone and muscle density
- State techniques to promote an individual’s hydration
- Recall aspects of cultural influence on nutrition and hydration
- Discuss allergies and the standards for allergy awareness
Looking to book Nutrition & Hydration incl. MUST Scoring training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.