Paediatric First Aid (FAIB Accredited)
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This 2 day FAIB Accredited Paediatric First Aid course covers the requirements of Ofsted and the early year’s foundation framework, for first aiders and first aid training in early years’ settings. It is delivered in a interactive manner, where the delegates will be undertaking group discussions/activities, as well as practical scenarios and skills development.
This course in continually assessed by the tutor for practical skills, there is also a short multiple choice test to ensure the theoretical knowledge has been retained.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: 2 Days
CPD Hours: 14
Participatory Hours: 10
- Define the roles and responsibility of a paediatric first aider
- Demonstrate the skills of assessing an incident
- Show how to manage an infant or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Show how to manage an infant or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Demonstrate the use of AED
- Recognise and assist an infant who is choking
- Recall the management and treatment of an infant or child who is wounded and bleeding
- State the management and treatment of an infant or child who is in shock
- Display the correct first aid to an infant or child who has a suspected fracture or dislocation
- Display the correct first aid to an infant or child who has a head, neck or back injury
- Recall the treatment of an or child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Explain the treatment to an infant or child who has a chronic medical condition
- Identify the correct treatment to an infant or child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Apply the correct principles of treatment to an infant or child with other injuries not listed above
Looking to book Paediatric First Aid (FAIB Accredited) training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.