Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will explore the subject of pain management through a range of group activities, discussions and tutor led activities. The learners will gain a knowledge and understanding of pain assessments, types of pain, pain management strategies including non-pharmaceutical methods. It will allow the learners to fully understand pain management and how this should be seen as a multi-disciplinary approach to the care and support of individuals.
There is no formal assessment on this course, the tutor will engage the learners in a range of teaching and learning activities though to ensure the knowledge is retained throughout the session.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Describe the legal aspects of caring for people in pain
- Recognise the different types of pain that people can be experiencing
- Apply the principles and practices that underpin the multi-factorial approach to pain management
- List key contributions towards improving outcomes for patients with pain issues
- Explain the evidence based approaches to both pain management using pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical methods
- Recall the differing pain assessment methods that are available and discuss the most suitable for your practice setting
- Summarise the importance of pain assessment and appropriate care planning for individuals who are experiencing pain
Looking to book Pain Management training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.