Physical Effects of Substance Abuse
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is delivered by one of our experienced trainers and is aimed at health and social care workers. The course looks at the area of physical effects of substance abuse on the body variety. It will also cover some of the psychological effects as well. Learners will explore the anatomy and physiology of the body to examine the detrimental effect that
substance abuse can have.
As this is a theoretical course there is no practical assessment of learning, however, a knowledge assessment will be carried out. The tutor will be actively monitor and review the learner’s contributions and understanding and the
learners will demonstrate this through the completed knowledge assessment during the course of the day.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Recognise the effect of substance abuse on the mind.
- Understand how substance abuse can affect memory, violence and anger
- Examine how headaches, nausea and/or vomiting and muscle weakness can be caused by substance misuse.
- Understand how a drug tolerance develops
- Recognise how substance abuse affects liver, lungs, and kidneys and causes brain damage.
- Examine the sociological effects such as sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS
- Recognise other physiological problems such respiratory depression, cancer and cardiovascular disease can be affected or caused by substance misuse.
- Commonly abused substances
- The effects of a comedown
Looking to book Physical Effects of Substance Abuse training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.