Respiratory Disease and Spirometry
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover respiratory awareness, giving the learners a baseline knowledge and understanding of what can affect a person’s respiratory function, as well as a revision of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory tract.
Learners will discuss the most common conditions that can affect people’s breathing and some of the monitoring procedures and treatment options
There is a written knowledge assessment required on this course, at the end of the training to allow them to evidence their understanding and a certificate of attendance will be issued to support this assessment and both can be used within a portfolio of CPD.
A practical session will complete the course to enable candidates to start their competences.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 1
- Revise the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory tract
- Discuss factors that can affect normal lung function
- List common respiratory conditions and their associated terminology
- Identify common signs and symptoms that are related to respiratory conditions
- Describe what conditions may be linked to people becoming breathless
- Explain what is meant by the term exacerbation of a condition
- Recall routine tests and blood tests that can assist with diagnosing and monitoring respiratory conditions, including Spirometry
- List the regularly used medications to treat respiratory conditions.
- Review the correct inhaler techniques and the different monitored dose systems that are available
- Describe the best practice for managing asthma and COPD
- Discuss the effects of a respiratory condition on the patient, their families and carers
- Be proficient at using a Spirometer
Looking to book Respiratory Disease and Spirometry training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.