Respiratory Disorders Awareness
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will allow learners to develop some key knowledge and understanding around a number of common respiratory disorders, what can exacerbate them and what treatments can be given to manage these conditions. The course will also look at some of the effects of these conditions on the patient, the families and the carers.
A knowledge assessment will be completed at the end of this course allowing the delegates to demonstrate their understanding of the learning materials and evidence the completion of the course. A certificate of attendance will be issued along with the knowledge assessment to be included in the individuals portfolio.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system
- Discuss the potential factors that may affect normal lung function
- List common respiratory conditions and their terminology i.e. COPD and Asthma
- Identify common signs and symptoms associated with these respiratory conditions
- Describe some conditions that may be associated with breathlessness
- Recognise what is an exacerbation of a condition
- Explain the potential tests that can be performed to assist with the diagnosis and monitoring of respiratory conditions
- State what medications can be used to treat respiratory conditions
- Use national guidance to evidence correct practice when managing respiratory conditions
- Describe some basic care principles of how to support an individual who has a respiratory condition
- Evaluate the potential effects of respiratory conditions on the patients, families and the carers
Looking to book Respiratory Disorders Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.