Sepsis Awareness in Children
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the role of the School or Nursery Nurse and others in raising awareness of Sepsis in Children to colleagues, teachers and school staff. It will look at the signs and symptoms of Sepsis in children, hygiene in children and will also examine the health education pertinent and advice to be given to parents. It is also recommended that participants attend the standard Sepsis Awareness course that will be held prior to the Sepsis in Children course, which provides further, in-depth knowledge around Sepsis, although this is not essential.
There will be knowledge assessment as part of this course, and learners will be expected to participate in a number of learning activities throughout the session, that will allow the tutor to assess their learning and understanding of the subject matter.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Review the distribution and determination of sepsis in children
- Recognise the causes of sepsis in children
- Demonstrate ways in which sepsis in children can be prevented (Health Promotion)
- Review the importance of good Hygiene for children
- Review how to diagnose sepsis in children
- Recognise the clinical signs of sepsis in children
- Recognise how to pass this knowledge on to colleagues and parents (Health Education)
Looking to book Sepsis Awareness in Children training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.