Subcutaneous Fluids (Hypodermoclysis)
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to the administration of subcutaneous fluids. By the end of the session, all delegates will be able to work in line with Practice Guidance the administration of subcutaneous fluids. The course will examine the indicators for subcutaneous fluids, the contra-indications of the procedure and how to set up the administration. Demonstration of setting the subcutaneous administration will take place and delegates will have tht opportunity to contribute to this.
A Knowledge Assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To review and correctly identify the anatomy of the skin
- Develop and apply the knowledge needed in relation to legislations, policies and best practice of Subcutaneous Fluids Administration.
- Discuss and Understand the indications and contra-indications of subcutaneous fluids
- Identify the equipment needed for subcutaneous fluids administration to take place, and the general procedure for Hypodermoclysis
- Identify the importance of good infection control procedures to minimise the risk of infections and other complications
- Understand the importance of monitoring and especially the VIP score from catheterisation
- Identify potential complications and measures to prevent or minimise these and discuss and ensure understanding of routine care for both service users and staff
- To acknowledge the competency requirements of the procedure
Looking to book Subcutaneous Fluids (Hypodermoclysis) training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.