Syringe Driver – Full Day
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This full day version of this course is available for new practitioners who have not used syringe drivers before, this will allow the learners to gain all of the required knowledge relating to medication compatibility, the legal and professional considerations around using Syringe Drivers, as well as practical experience of setting up and using a McKinley T34 Syringe Driver. Including building upon the knowledge and skills associated with caring for an individual who requires this for symptom management.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the course, allowing them to evidence their understanding and continuing professional development, followed by a simulated assessment using the competency document after their practical session. They can then return to their workplace with the second part of this for assessment and competency sign off after further exposure to the clinical skills.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- List the indications of using a syringe driver
- Discuss the legal and professional considerations around syringe driver use
- Review the procedure for setting up a McKinley T34 syringe driver
- Identify the potential sites to use when setting up a syringe driver and where to avoid
- Recognise the medications that can be used within a syringe driver, and the symptoms they can help with
- Relate the medications that can be used to combined symptoms and the compatibility of key medications
- Demonstrate the correct use and set up of a McKinley T34 syringe driver in simulation
Looking to book Syringe Driver – Full Day training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.