Syringe Driver – Safe Use Of
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is aimed at Registered Nurses who have experience of using a McKinley T34 Syringe Driver already, but are requiring a refresher on the knowledge and skills associated with caring for an individual who requires this for symptom management. There is a full day version of this course available for new practitioners who have not used syringe drivers before, this will allow the learners to gain all of the required knowledge relating to medication compatibility, the legal and professional considerations around using Syringe Drivers, as well as practical experience of setting up and using a McKinley T34 Syringe Driver.
Learners on both courses will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of each course, allowing them to evidence their understanding and continuing professional development. Learners attending the half day course will leave with a competency document for completion in the workplace. Learners who are booked onto the full day course will have a simulated assessment using the competency document after their practical session. They can then return to their workplace with the second part of this for assessment and competency sign off after further exposure to the clinical skill.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- List the indications of using a syringe driver
- Discuss the legal and professional considerations around syringe driver use
- Review the procedure for setting up a McKinley T34 syringe driver
- Identify the potential sites to use when setting up a syringe driver and where to avoid
- Recognise the medications that can be used within a syringe driver, and the symptoms they can help with
- Relate the medications that can be used to combined symptoms and the compatibility of key medications
- Demonstrate the correct use and set up of a McKinley T34 syringe driver in simulation
Looking to book Syringe Driver – Safe Use Of training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.