Tissue Viability – Wound Management
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
Delegates will achieve a better understanding of the factors that affect wound healing rates. They will revisit the anatomy and physiology of the skin and will have a greater understanding of wound care products; how, why, when, where and what to use and when products are contraindicated. Delegates are advised to adhere to the local wound formulary (if there is one in place) and our tutors will explain generically what each category of dressing does and when it should or should not be used. The training course should enable the delegate to manage the majority of chronic and new minor wounds competently in order to promote healing rates.
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Understand anatomy & physiology of skin, it’s structure & requirements to be healthy
- Recognise the different types of wounds & their classifications
- Identify & understand the different methods of wound closure, their phases & factors that can affect successful wound healing
- Discuss & recognise the importance of effective assessment & documentation of wounds & wound care
- Recognise and achieve the ideal wound healing environment & wound bed preparation
- Develop knowledge & understanding of dressing products & make suitable selection for wounds
Looking to book Tissue Viability – Wound Management training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.