Venepuncture – incl. Simulated Competency Assessment
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the theoretical and practical aspects of Venepuncture. The tutor will build on your understanding; including tutor-led activities, group discussions, practical demonstrations as well as practice simulations and practice related questions. Competency documents will be referred to throughout the course and a simulated competency assessment will be completed before the end of the session allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols.
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years. A written knowledge assessment will also be undertaken.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Define Venepuncture & List the reasons for undertaking this clinical procedure
- Identify the relevant Anatomy & Physiology for Venepuncture
- State the legal & professional consideration for Venepuncture
- Demonstrate correct practice relating to handling of sharps and safe systems of work including infection control
- Recall the potential complications that could arise from Venepuncture
- Recognise the different systems that organisations use for Venepuncture and list their differences
- Apply the theoretical learning into a simulated practical & competency assessment
Looking to book Venepuncture – incl. Simulated Competency Assessment training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.