Venepuncture Practical Refresher
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the theoretical aspects of Venepuncture. The tutor will build on your understanding; including tutor-led activities, group discussions, and practice related questions. The emphasis of this course will be practice, and participants will be given ample time to practice venepuncture either on each other or on a manikin.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued, valid for 3 years. There is a formal summative assessment for this course, and formative assessments of knowledge and understanding will be carried out by the tutor throughout the course.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define Venepuncture & List the reasons for undertaking this clinical procedure
- Identify the relevant Anatomy & Physiology for Venepuncture
- State the legal & professional consideration for Venepuncture
- Demonstrate correct practice relating to handling of sharps and safe systems of work including infection control
- Recall the potential complications that could arise from Venepuncture
- Recognise the different systems that organisations use for Venepuncture and list their differences
- Understand the competency document for completion when back in the clinical setting
- Undertake practical venepuncture, either on each other, or a manikin
Looking to book Venepuncture Practical Refresher training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.