Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This half-day course will equip staff with the essential knowledge and skills required for caring and supporting individuals who have diabetes. It will allow learners to explore their current understanding and expand on this with understanding how it can affect different people and how to manage and treat some potential diabetic emergencies.
There are no formal assessments involved with this course, however, the tutor will use a range of learning activities and formative assessments to ensure understanding throughout the session.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- List the types of Diabetes
- Identify the treatment of Diabetes
- Recognise the Warning Signs and Symptoms of Hypoglycaemia and Hyperglycaemia
- State the treatment and management for Hypoglycaemic and Hyperglycaemic episodes
- Describe the preventative measures available to minimise Hypo & Hyperglycaemic episodes
- Discuss the potential associated complications from Diabetes
- Explore how people with diabetes can live full and active lives